GES Professional Housekeeping Cleaning Course is about teaching the trainees about the modern hygienic techniques in cleaning. As well as the proper and more efficient way in cleaning certain areas of the home and the different materials they will encounter during commencement of the service.
Good planning provides the best conditions for a good result, regardless of whether you are building a house or cooking a four-course meal. If wok processes are badly planned, it may be that deadlines cannot be met or that employees are put under unnecessary stress. When planning your work, the individual work steps must be put inti a reasonable order. It is necessary to know what can be completed with which process and what work steps are necessary to achieve.
This chapter points out the importance of safety instructions and precautions.
- Cleaning Safety Provisions
- User Manuals and Instruction
- Safety and Warning Signs
- Safety Data Sheet
- Operating Instructions
- Storing and Handling Cleaning Detergents
- Safety Precautions for Devices
- Emergency Measures
- First Aid Measures
On a day-to-day basis, hygiene means cleanliness. There are germs everywhere which are usually harmless. It is only when they occur on concentrated quantities or are infectious that there is a health hazard involved. In order to keep germ transition as low as possible, there are some hygiene rules which must be observed.
This chapter describes the principles and methods of cleaning as well as the use of the right devices, equipment, and detergents for various areas and materials.
Principles and Methods of Cleaning
- The Sinner Circle
- Only when all four factors (Time, Chemistry, Mechanics, Temperature) are harmonized, an excellent cleaning result can be achieved.
- Types of Dirt
- Determining the type of dirt is very important for the selection of the cleaning equipment and detergents.
- Types of Cleaning
- The literature fundamentally distinguishes between three types of cleaning: Visible surface cleaning, routine cleaning and thorough/deep cleaning.
- Workflow of Cleaning Activities
- Working systematically is very important in cleaning industry, this process guarantees that nothing is forgotten.
- Cleaning Techniques
- There are three different cleaning techniques: dry, damp, and wet cleaning.
- Four-Color Cleaning System
- In order to guarantee hygiene in cleaning, this system has been introduced for areas which are to be cleaned. Each color represents one area. This is to avoid the cross contamination from one place to the other.
Devices and Equipment
Distinguishing the proper devices and equipment to use in certain area and material.
Spectrum of Detergents – Distinguishing the right detergent for certain area/material is plays a very important role in cleaning to achieve the best cleaning result and efficiency with work.
Dosing of Detergents – The aim must always be to dose the cleaning detergent correctly to guarantee the quality of cleaning result.
GES and in cooperation with GPCCI, facilitates an in-house training for people who are interested in learning and developing new skills in housekeeping and hospitality industry.
GES Professional Industrial Cleaning Course is about teaching the trainees about the modern hygienic techniques in cleaning. As well as the proper and more efficient way in cleaning certain areas of the commercial and the different materials they will encounter during commencement of the service.